Thursday 29 September 2011

It's A Definite Maybe!

I have done this on numerous occasions and it does work.  It just means having the nerve to do it.  If you do nothing you will get nothing and, you cannot lose a sale you haven't got so...

I sent an email proposal confirming a conversation and received this reply..




----- Original Message -----

From: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
To: DAVID MOORE
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2010 5:30 PM
Subject: RE: TMC Training

Hi David,

Thanks for coming to see us and presenting a keynote to some of our staff.  They found it very interesting and are still talking about it.  However, I’ve discussed this with our directors. Unfortunately we don’t have that kind of budget and are unable to pay for Training Programs of this stature. Please let me know if there is something that we can do together which doesn’t require payment.

Kind regards,

(Name)


How many would have filed that one in the bin?


This is my response…



From: DAVID MOORE
To: XXXXXXXXXX
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2010 8:37 PM
Subject: RE: TMC Training

Hi XXXX,

It was good to meet you and the other Directors and your people really enjoyed our presentation from the feedback I received at the time.  In answer to your question...yes, there are many things that you can do which do not require payment.

Comb your hair
Walk around the streets
Sing
Watch TV (if it is paid for, otherwise use someone elses)
Perform the second act of Hamlet (or some other favourite) in the privacy of your home
Whistle
Jump up and down
Smile at strangers
Read a newspaper you have found
Stroke a dog
Kick a ball
Kick a dog
Play on the swings in the park
Wave at someone
Leap out in front of oncoming traffic
Sweep a floor
Listen to music
Point at random things
Do the hokey cokey
Rearrange the furniture (do not turn on the light)
Sweat
Receive a phone call
Hope
Open an umbrella
Close an umbrella
Admire a painting
Sniff a flower
Steal something
Swim
Trip over something
Make shapes out of clouds
Stand on one leg
Cut your own hair
Run
Listen to things
Blow your nose
Give up smoking
Give up drinking
Give up
Get undressed
Go to bed
Get up in the morning
Do it all again

The list is virtually endless. Please have a laugh and feel free to add your own ideas and pass it on.

Unfortunately...NONE of those things will increase the your business like a training program from my company will!

If your directors see that by speculating they will accumulate massive rewards, like many other companies have done, then let me know and we will see what we can do.

Best wishes

Dave


I then get this


From: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
To: DAVID MOORE
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 9:30 AM
Subject: RE: TMC Training

Hi David
Thanks for your email. It was funny and I showed it to my VP of Marketing. Now my Director thinks that we should be working with you!!

You are right, it is a question of spending money to get money back and I must admit that I didn’t see it that way. I have tried to call you but your lines are engaged. Please call me and so we can tie up the loose ends.

Kind regards
(Name)

Having the balls to tell it like it is...Priceless

No comments: