Monday 19 February 2007

Inside every cat is a Lion


Inside Every Cat is a Lion Waiting to Jump Out!


Just when you think you have seen everything, something comes along and surprises you.


A few years ago (back in 1999 in fact) I designed a program which I have been presenting ever since called:

DNA. Decision - Navigation - Attitude.

We Decide what we want.
We Navigate to where we want to get to.
We need the Attitude of success!
Check it out on www.david-moore.co.uk/courses

This is it...

The DNA program is a two day exploration of human behaviour and how what we attribute as 'normal' behaviour is not normal at all. The DNA program is designed to highlight what we do on a consistent basis and how, by re-focusing our energies in a more profitable way, we can not only change our focus but determine our outcome.
Decision - We explore the strategies, rituals and behaviours associated with decision-making and how we can make each decision an empowered one.
Navigation - How to get from where you are to where you want to be with absolute clarity and certainty.
Attitude - Everything you do is a minimum of 80% attitude. Right attitude equals best result. With attitudinal training we become empowered.


Decision + Navigation + Attitude = SUCCESS!

Well what do you know? I see DNA programs all over. I am off to Dubai in a few weeks and I sent some information over to the company in question and when I looked on the web to see if they had posted it on their website I found that it was on their Intranet. On the Internet was my DNA course under another company name!

Like I said before in an earlier post, I find it flattering, interesting, funny and stupid in equal measure that other people attempt to use my work. I dont believe in and I am not paranoid/vain enough to worry about 'intellectual property' and I have no challenge with other people looking and listening to my work with the intent to copy it. Everyone does it. Some use closes that other salespeople use. Some write songs that sound like other songs. Some decorate their houses in a style they have seen in a magazine. Some wear clothes like other people are wearing. We all copy and refine. The weird, and quite frankly staggering, thing is, some people dont even have the decency,sense, intelligence or energy to refine it and just go for the straight lift. Even using the logo that is on the DNA workbook. Duh!

That is just sheer lazyness!!






"I see dumb people...everywhere!"




The bottom line is this. Would you rather watch Al Pacino in Scarface or Fred Bloggs in the remake?

I have copyrighted my work and my programs and in doing so, although I find the stealing of ideas amusing and a half assed compliment, I can guarantee that anyone presenting my work OUTSIDE of Sleight of Mind is giving you a 'Happy Shopper', 'Bargain Bucket', diluted, watered down with snake oil version and you should not accept it, or even consider booking it.

Never judge a book by its cover. Inside every cat is a big cat,
And remember, inside every nice person :-) ...
...is a nasty one that can spring out at any time with a team of not-so-nice lawyers.




WARNING

If you accept imitations...


...you will set your limitations!