It's a difficult moment. Someone approaches you, at a party or a function and asks that age old question..."What do you do?"
Even on something like Twitter, I have online friends who ask.
David Moore was born in the East End of London which, he says, explains EVERYTHING!. He was so surprised he didn't speak for a year and a half.
He is a Behavioural Psychologist, Human Potential Technology Trainer, NLP Trainer, Firewalk and Glasswalk Trainer, Sales Coach and Business Agitator.
He has a PhD in Philosophy with a Major in Psychology and only uses his title ‘Doctor’ when booking a table in a restaurant, tickets at the cinema/theatre or to bypass a long check-in queue at the airport.
He has a reputation for leading people astray, or as he prefers to call it, giving them options. He holds no guilt or conscience for this as it is always people who should have known better. He is more than happy to make mistakes on any scale as he believes that this is the only way to grow.
On the subject of growth, he is living proof that black is not a slimming colour. Knowing also that the camera adds at least 10lbs to the size of the subject he can regularly be seen watching his own seminars on DVD wondering how many cameras were actually on him. The last time he checked, there were at least six.
He was the most successful salesman Cable London produced. He was the only salesman to venture into the notorious Broadwater Farm Estate in North London, the scene of rioting a few years earlier, with scant regard to his own safety, or anyone elses, and over a two month period there became top salesman. He became national sales trainer when Telewest increased their share holding of Cable London and flew all over the country training staff from London to Dundee. Occasionaly he used an airplane.
He has sold Timeshare, double-glazing, insurance, cable, satellite and Advertising. He has made many friends in the industry and, considering the list includes Timeshare, a few enemies.
He has been called a salespersons salesperson. He gives Value with every sale.
He has a delivery like a cross between a TV evangelist and a stand up comedian.
At Telewest he and the Sales Director underwent Psychometric testing and evaluation.
The Director was classified as “someone who could pour oil on troubled waters and calm fiery arguments”.
David was classified as “someone who would not only enjoy, but benefit, from a head on collision”.
It was suggested that he mediate at the Company employment tribunals. Out of 18 he defended Cable London at he won 15 and lost one. The other two were settled in the car park.
He is a qualified NLP trainer and hypnotherapist. He is also a qualified Firewalk and Glasswalk instructor.
He has created Human Potential Technology programs for hundreds of companies.
He also has private clients and assists them with Business Coaching and also uses Hypnosis to remove Phobias, Fears and Addictions.
He has worked for and with some of the most brilliant, funny, intelligent, sick and twisted people you could imagine. He wishes some of them everything they deserve, and worships the ground coming to the others.
He has a very soft spot for a previous sales director from long ago. It's behind the shed in his garden and easy to dig.
He is writing an autobiography to share his experiences and observations for the amusement of friends and strangers alike, for the sake of posterity, and for a Louis Vuitton bag full of cash. He plans to retire offshore to a hammock between two palm trees on a beach and a couple of hand maidens.
His hobbies are opening Mars bars underwater, getting children to run with sharp objects while playing with traffic, collecting books, aligator wrestling, avoiding depressing people and using creative sarcasm.
He enjoys multi tasking a wide variety of useless and pointless projects in the belief that by appearing busy he can pick and choose what to do next. He is confident that after ten years this will one day be proved as a good career move.
He believes firmly that, in life, you only get out of it what you put in. Each week he puts in £10 on the lottery.
Some of David Moore's core Beliefs
1. If most people said what they were thinking they would be speechless!
2. Flying is simple. You just throw yourself at the ground and miss.
3. Life is a waste of time and time is a waste of life, so waste your time and have the time of your life !
4. There is a light at the end of every tunnel….just pray it’s not a train!.
5. Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty. I say “Are you gonna drink that?”
6. Everyone has a photographic memory… some just don’t have any film.
7. If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the UP button first
8. It is quicker to do something and then apologise than to get permission to do it in the first place
9. It is never too late to have a happy childhood
10. It is better to give than to receive. This does not apply to Money though!
11. Never confuse activity with achievement
12. Never confuse feeling with thinking
13. Keep away from mood hoovers or energy vampires. These people will bring you do
14. Don't buy into other peoples bullshit
15. Pay no attention to what others think of you. They are not qualified. they are jealous.
16. We are human beings but we succeed by doing
17. Courage is not the absence of fear but the ability to act in spite of fear
18. Fear is an acronym for False Evidence Appearing Real.
19. Fear can also be anacronym for Fuck Everything And Run!
20. Fear is a darkroom where your negatives are developed.
21. Being good = Preperation. Being bad = Preperation H
22. Have fun! If you don't enjoy it, no one else will.
23. Nothing in life has any meaning except the meaning you give it.
24. I cannot be insulted, because I do not care what you think.
25. Everything I get is a toy to play with. I choose where my energy goes, you don't.