Monday 7 July 2014

Consistency...an Every Day Regime!

What we do every day, on a regular basis, defines us.

It is the key to success.

This has got me thinking and I can see the parallels with business success, personal success and this keep fit regime of mine.

I have been working out a routine, and a diet, and the lifestyle changes to make the dramatic change I need and I am made aware of how this is exactly like our routines we need to do consistently to be a success in life and business.

I am about to embark on a punishing fitness regime. After 5 years of semi sedentary lifestyle (on Doctors and Surgeons orders) I now have the complete, final, 100% go ahead to get back to my fitness level prior to the Terminator 2 style car crash I had in France that damaged my lower back which I posted about the other week.  I am also going to be holding some seminars in various parts of the world and, yes, I do understand that travelling and hotels do not, necessarily, act as conducive elements to getting fit.  The convenience food, the elaborate hotel menus and the travelling taking up so much time that it can inhibit exercise time.

I could make an even worse decision and...wait for a better time or even the right time to start.

I say even worse decision because how do we know when the right time is?  We can always do something other than what we need to do, so putting off starting could lead to never starting.  Waiting for the right time could mean the right time is never the right time.

No, the right time is NOW and success comes to people who keep going, keep doing, and never give up.

I know that what we consistently do, on a daily basis, are the incremental steps that become habits, GOOD habits, routines that shape and form our objectives.

Each step is a step nearer to our goal.  Each routine or habit is a refinement.

"So what's with the pic of someone drinking water?" I hear you ask...

How many times, even though we know we should do things daily, do we try to catch up and cram it all in on one day?

I tell people to carry a notebook and write down things they think of or are told.  Sometimes they forget and at the end of the week think 'Hmm what was that again?' and write all manner of stuff in one big hit.

Perhaps they need to do something daily at work but they don't.  After a few days they play catch up..and things never turn out as they hoped.

Our daily routines are massively important, in business, leadership and life.

Not only that but when we fail to complete the daily tasks, and we cheat by trying to cram all the work in at the end of the week, it is highly dangerous and can be fatal for the business, the company and you!

According to my instructor, I should drink 1.5 to 2 litres of water a day.  If I do that consistently, on a daily basis, out of routine or habit, then it will have such a beneficial effect on me that I can not only see the results, as in glowing skin, hydrated body etc etc within two weeks, the long term benefits are staggering.  Whats more, there is NO DETRIMENTAL effect to me, quite the opposite.

If I forget, if I just drink tea, coffee or soda then guess what?

At the end of the week I may think "Hmmm that 1.5 to 2litres a day....I missed a week of doing that...so...that totals to 14 litres for the week, I know...TODAY I WILL DRINK THE WEEKS SUPPLY, 14 LITRES OF WATER!"

That will not have just an adverse effect....it will KILL ME!  
My system will be overloaded...not by anything bad for me, the water is GOOD for me, it is just the amount of it in one hit.  It has to be spread out on a daily, and consistent, basis.

It is the same with those daily routines and steps for work and success.  If you are serious about being successful, do things consistently, every day. Otherwise if you try and play catch up, and you do all those good things that you should have done on a daily basis in one go...even though they are as harmless and as life preserving as the water,  because you are overloaded...you will kill the business!

Success comes from:
Doing the right things DAILY
Sticking to Your plan of action and...
Being Consistent!

No comments: