Friday 2 June 2006

Coffee is for Closers Only! www.david-moore.co.uk

I got an email the other day from a pal of mine, Mark, who works in Florida in advertising. He sells ad space in various journals and technical books over the phone.

The email says:
Hey Dave. A lot of our prospects (I really hate that word.DM) use this objection. We get this now and then, what should we do?
"I don't have the budget for this!"
What do you suggest?

Simple answer: You are speaking to the guy who spends the budget. You need the guy who makes the budget. Get to him and he can make the budget bigger.


Question from Sandra at ProPublishing:
Hi Dave,
What's the best way to deal with the 'I need to speak to....' objection?

Well...

Remember..OBJECTIONS ARE STATE RELATED!! If you get an objection, change the state. If they are then in a different state the objection is gone.

If a PB says "I need to speak to someone else" well....this exposes something first off. They ain't the decision maker! If they are, then they need a push and you can use a question like this...

You "Let me ask you a question, Mr Brown. I have given you a lot of information in the last (however long) and I am pleased that you have really taken all this on board. It’s great to be able to talk to someone who understands the benefits of what we do as well as the intricacy of making it happen. Over the last (time period)I have told you who we are and what we do, how we get our information, who our target audience is, the process of how we put you in front of all the key players in your industry, the scope of the project, the subscription base, the rates and distribution and timeline. Tell me, if I had asked you at the very start of our conversation, without you knowing any of that info, to make a decision and place an ad with us, you would have said no, yes?"

Them "Yes"

You "Then I am right in saying that it doesn’t make sense to take advice from someone who knows less about this project than you or me, yes?"

Them "Yes!"

You "So, do you want to place a single page ad or do you want to include a second page with a company profile?"


Virtually yours

David
www.david-moore.co.uk

No comments: